Retail stores

In almost all cases, if you play recorded music in your business, including via a radio station, CD player or TV, you require a PPL music licence to ensure you are legally compliant.

The prices listed below are examples and should act as an indication of how much a licence could cost for shops (including charity shops), shopping centres and outside markets. All prices below do not include VAT.

If your business is not one of these, please select a different business type.

If you are a charity shop, you may be entitled to a concessionary discount. Please contact us directly on 020 7534 1070 to discuss your licensing requirements. Charity Retail Association members can also find information on music licensing on the Charity Retail Association’s website.